Hormones and the Holidays
As chemical messengers, our hormones control nearly every physiological process in the body. So, while hormonal balance is super important for our well-being, it’s not always easy to achieve or maintain during the holiday season. Added stress along with consuming more sugar and alcohol than usual can quickly disrupt hormonal balance making you feel anything but comfort and joy. In fact, the holiday season finds many women experiencing an increase in mood swings, hot flashes, depression, insomnia and other stress related symptoms.
Sugar not only creates highs and lows in mood and energy, it disrupts the hormone insulin, which in turn impacts all other hormones in your body. Sugar also contributes to hot flashes, irritibility and of course, weight gain. Alcohol depletes mood-boosting B vitamins and magnesium, is known to trigger hot flashes and it contributes to depression. Holiday depression affects millions of people each year and is directly associated with stress, sugar consumption, fatigue, unrealistic holiday expectations, financial limitations and challenging family matters.
Add the stress of holiday shopping, entertaining, attending parties, etc. on top of your already busy life. Cortisol, the hormone released by the adrenal glands during times of mental, emotional and/or physical stress, like what we experience during the hustle-bustle of December, literally depletes the calming, “happy hormone” progesterone. Yet, maintaining a healthy level of progesterone is absolutely essential since it converts into other hormones as needed (including estrogen and testosterone) supporting natural hormonal balance.
Keeping your hormones in balance will greatly improve your ability to cope with stress. And, experts say that beating the holiday blues may be as simple as balancing your hormones. Well, the best way to do that is with our chemical, fragrance, gluten and GMO free bio-identical progesterone cream, Feminine Balance Therapy
. Progesterone also acts as a diuretic and natural anti-depressant, helps normalize blood sugar levels, promotes healthy sleep patterns, calms anxiety and uses fat for energy. What a perfect holiday gift to give yourself!
Here are some tips to help you make this “the happiest season of all.”
- Restore hormonal balance with Feminine Balance Therapy Bio-Identical Progesterone Cream
- Go light on alcoholic beverages that zap your energy and contribute to depression.
- Minimize sugary treats to avoid hot flashes and mood swings.
- Drink plenty of pure water frequently to flush toxins from your body.
- Increase your protein intake to help balance your blood sugar and lower sugar cravings.
- Eat healthy before attending holiday parties to reduce your urge to splurge.
- Get plenty of sleep and take time to self-nurture each day.
- Shake it off! Take a brisk walk, to go the gym or just crank up the music and dance.
- Keep your expectations of yourself and others realisitic.
- Focus on the positive, the beauty of the season, and it's true meaning.
- Practice stress management strategies like deep breathing and meditation.
Feminine Balance Therapy
restores healthy progesterone levels to naturally create hormonal balance and ease the symptoms associated with PMS, perimenopause and menopause. It is especially helpful for women with an excess of estrogen or, "estrogen dominance." Chemical, fragrance, gluten and GMO free with select organic herbs, it brings great results to adult women of all ages.
Medical Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed medical doctor. Organic Excellence does not diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have or suspect a mental or physical health condition, please see your healthcare provider.